It may not be as huge as the Presidential Race, but our “Viewer’s Choice” awards are very important to our guild.
Guests and members are given a ballot, inserted into their Quilt Faire program. All eight categories of entries are listed and we ask for your favorite one in each. We understand that entries vary in complexity and technique – you need not worry about that. Which one YOU LIKE the best is what we want to know.
You don’t even need to tell us why!
Our Viewer’s Choice chairman collected all of the ballots at the shows close and crunches the numbers for us. In a week (or two), we have our Viewer’s Choice Awards. ALL entries are considered, even non guild members can receive a ribbon.
Winner’s, including our raffled off items, are below:
1st Place: Carol Earnhardt, Forget Catch and Release
2nd Place: Penni Barger, Milliare Man
3rd Place: Sara Henry, Long Tall Sally
1st Place: Linda Van Berckelaer, Splash
2nd Place: Sue Bishop, Christmas Stockings
3rd Place: Sue Wilmer, Shanty Town
1st Place: Joanne Padelford, Black Jacket
2nd Place: Candy Gutierrez, Home Tweet Home
3rd Place: Nadine Bowlus, Gypsy Soul Totes
1st Place: Joanne Padelford, The Golden Gate.
2nd Place: Candy Gutierrez, At Home in the Poppies
3rd Place: Diane Mitchell, Lavendar Fields of California
1st Place: Barbara Cleveland, Agnes the Peddler
2nd Place: Pat Gomes, Thrift Store Annie
3rd Place: Candy Gutierrez, Bird Girl
1st Place: Larie Tippetts, Jeanne’s Surprise
2nd Place: Mary Ellen Nikola, Aunt Jane’s Honeysuckle Vines
3rd Place: Jocelyn Muncaster, Ribbons of My Life
1st Place: Caroline Earheart, Family Road to California
2nd Place: Lorene Lucas, Kenai
3rd Place: Sue Bishop, Winter’s Majesty
1st Place: Edie Diegoli, The Peacock Farm
2nd Place: Thalia Hart et.al., Wonky Winds (Zentangle)
3rd Place: Tisha Cabral, et.al., Wonky Hawaiian
Scholarship Quilt, “Sierra Views” went to – Linda Gogna, from Stockton.
“Samantha” (American Girl Doll) went to – Nancy Hecker, an IHQ Member.
Congratulations to All!!
As a part of the IHQ Quilt Faire tradition, we ask those who visit
the showroom and admire our quilts, dolls and wearable arts, to fill out a ballot, and vote for each category of entries. The votes are tallied up and ribbons are awarded to the artists for first, second, and third place in their categories.
This Years Winner’s are:
- 1st Place – Edie Miller, Times and Seasons
- 2nd Place – Candy Gutierrez, Garden Party
- 3rd Place – Kathy Merrick, Diamonds Are Forever
Hand Quilted Quilts
- 1st Place – Koni Popke, Dresden Plate
- 2nd Place – Laura McGauren, Sew Pinwheel
- 3rd Place – Carol Biederman, Jacobean Applique
- 1st Place – Sally Sowle-Taylor, My Backyard Friends
- 2nd Place – Sandra Turner, Whooping Crane Romance
- 3rd Place – Susan Scott, Forest Floor
- 3rd Place – Candy Gutierrez, Coneflowers
- 1st Place – Linda VanBerkelaer, Chopkey Wonder
- 2nd Place – Candy Gutierrez, Autumn Colors
- 3rd Place – Joanne Padelford, Brown Vest
- 1st Place – Eileen Roberson, Movin’ Right Along
- 2nd Place – Nancy Macomber, Kitchen Garden
- 3rd Place – Chris Bernasconi, Animals Who Sleep by the Side of the Road
- 1st Place – Barbara Cleveland, Lady Grace
- 2nd Place – Rosemary O’Malley, Rose
- 2nd Place – Geri Bauer, Cloth Doll
- 3rd Place – Karen Crabtree, Statue of Liberty Doll
- 1st Place – Becky Smith, Name That Beatles Tune
- 2nd Place – Chris Bernasconi, Tessanne Chin
- 3rd Place – Linda VanBerkelaer, You’re a Grand Ol’ Flag
Congratulations to All!!